My Life

My Life
<3

Thursday, February 25, 2010

First Time Cooking Asparagus!!


So last night I made asparagus for my very first time!! It was delicious!! The only thing that I did wrong was eat before dinner but that wasn't all my fault. My very good friend conned me into going over to her house with fresh strawberries!! So I went over to her house and she fed me fresh straberries, pineapple, cheese, crackers, chips/dip, and veggies right before dinner. I had already planned to make the asparagus so I followed through with it. My hubby cooked the steak while I cooked the asparagus. I steamed the asparagus while I cooked onions, garlic and mushrooms and some seasonings together. I chopped up some pecans (p can :)) and drizzled them with a brown sugar and butter mixture and then toasted them in the oven. Toasted pecans are soooooo yummy!! Once they were toasted I added them into the onion, garlic and mushroom mixture for a few minutes. I then took that mixture and topped the asparagus with it! I loved it but couldn't eat all that much since I snacked before dinner :(. My hubby enjoyed it and had seconds!! This is definately something that I would cook again!! I love finding/making good recipes!

2 comments:

  1. I LOVE asparagus! Another great way to cook it is to roast it in the oven for 15 minutes on 400 degrees with a little salt sprinkled on it (check it at ten to make sure it isn't too soft) then drizzle with lemon juice and grated parmesan. Super yum!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the tip... I will have to try that. I don't usually eat asparagus but was trying lots of different veggies that I have never cooked before... this turned out amazing!!

    ReplyDelete